Troy W. Stewart, Member
Troy is an equity member of Kuhn Rogers PLC and has been with the firm for 11 years. Troy is a Michigan native, having grown up in Vassar, Michigan. He holds a Bachelor of Science and Business Administration, and minors in Business Law in Economics from Central Michigan University (1995) and a Juris Doctor from the Thomas M. Cooley Law School (2000) where he graduated Cum Laude and with honors. Before moving to Traverse City in 2000, he worked as a law clerk/attorney for Liberty Mutual Insurance Company’s in-house counsel. Troy has been practicing law in Traverse City for over 17 years, representing a range of clients throughout his legal career including banks and financial institutions, general contractors, Bankruptcy Trustees, employers and employees, debtors, and creditors. His areas of practice include commercial litigation, bankruptcy, contracts, business formation and business disputes, collections, appeals, real property, uniform commercial code, landlord/tenant matters, and environmental matters.
Troy’s comprehensive civil practice is founded on dedication to his clients, hard work, and providing clients with appropriate and reliable advice relating to their legal matters and needs.
Following is a select list of Troy’s practice experience:
- Trial Experience: Handled numerous criminal and civil jury trials and bench trials in various courts.
- Commercial Litigation and Business Disputes: Advised and assisted clients in numerous business or contract disputes in various courts as well as through the American Arbitration Association.
- Bankruptcy: Advised and assisted Trustees, creditors and debtors in all aspects of bankruptcy including Chapter 7, Chapter 11 and Chapter 13.
- Real Estate: Advised and assisted various clients in connection with the purchase and sale of commercial and residential real estate.
- Collections: Advised and assisted clients in collecting debts and taking possession of and selling collateral.
- Appeals: Experienced in handling numerous appeals before the Michigan Court of Appeals.
- Business Formation: Advised and assisted clients as to proper entity selection, and preparation and implementation of required documentation.
- Corporate Law: Has served as general counsel to corporations, limited liability companies, and partnerships.